Get Back to Training
Every day, Paul sees athletes in his clinic–whether they compete at the highest level, or simply live their passions through an active lifestyle. He is committed to personalized care that is tailored to your needs and enables you to:
Reach Performance Goals
Paul integrates both traditional and modern sports medicine techniques, to help you optimize your body, inside and out. Whether you are an athlete, fitness professional or weekend warrior, Paul’s approach to sports medicine keeps you in the game and performing your personal best.
And, its not just about a shiny chassis, you need to look under the hood. Micronutrient status, inflammation, and oxidative stress can adversely affect performance. Test, don’t guess, and ensure that your engine is running efficiently. Ask Paul how proper diagnostics and personalized supplementation can improve your performance.
PDG Health for Sports Medicine and Acupuncture
Sports-related injuries are unique to your body and lifestyle. Through years of treating and supporting active communities, Paul has developed a practice that addresses your top concerns:
- Advanced Techniques – Feel safe that every therapy is practiced at a high level of expertise. In addition to his years of practical clinical experience, Paul is constantly studying the latest research and applications to provide you with the best care possible.
- Care Coordination – Coaches and personal trainers love Paul because he works to maintain your schedule and goals.
- All Ages – Young or senior, Paul treats all ages professionally and with compassion, matching the appropriate therapies to the needs of the patient.
- Long-term Partnerships – Patients choose Paul as their preferred sports medicine and acupuncture provider through full cycles of training, injury and recovery. Paul stays the course with his patients and wins when you win.
Under his care, patients have included:
- USA Olympians, past and aspiring
- Professional and Elite Endurance Athletes
- PGA Tour golfers
- Collegiate Athletes
- USSDA Soccer Players
- USA Rowing crew
- Professional and Elite Volleyball players
- Track and Field athletes & More
A Unique Program of Integrated Therapies
Whether you are injured or looking to improve performance, Paul has the knowledge and the tools to help you become your best.
The following therapies are combined as needed to address your unique situation, providing you with a comprehensive approach to your sports medicine needs. All treatments by Paul are performed at a high level of knowledge and confidence.
- Acupuncture – Interrupts the pain the neurotransmission of pain as well as augments the immune system, increases circulation, relieves pain, and improves mood.
- ART – Active Release Techniques is the application of tension to the affected tissue through movement, causing the tissue to ‘release’ and normalize. Provides immediate and lasting effect.
- Kinesio Taping – Aids the body in its natural healing process and supports the affected muscles while improving motion and increasing circulation.
- Massage – Localized soft tissue work, such as cross-fiber massage, increases circulation, breaks down scar tissue, and aids in the healing of injured and dysfunctional tissues.
- Motor Point Acupuncture – The motor points of the affected muscles are located and treated, providing the immediate effect of changing muscle length and energetic activity, thereby affecting the body’s structural alignment as well as releasing the tension contributing to the patients pain and dysfunction. Normalized muscle activity directly translates to efficiency and performance.
- Orthopedic Assessment – Patients are assessed using standard orthopedic exams for range of motion, strength and flexibility, nerve impingement, and structural alignment.
- Nutritional Status – Every athlete has a set of unique circumstances that places demands on their body differently from another, requiring a recognition that nutritional needs should be individualized. Being deficient in even just one micronutrient can affect performance, endurance, recovery, and even lead to injury. Systemic inflammation and oxidative stress will hinder progress, even result in disease. Test, don’t guess, is the motto here.
- PNF Stretching – Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation is a fast and effective way to increase flexibility and reduce pain. Using isometric agonist contraction followed by relaxation, the central nervous system is ‘fooled’ into allowing for a fuller stretch. The reduction of tension on affected joints means less pain and superior function.
- Rehabilitation Exercises — Specific exercises and stretches are assigned to patients for self-care, enabling them to reinforce their treatments with at-home self-care therapy sessions.
- Symmetry® / STAR® Therapy – This corrective exercise program is utilized not only to restore normal function and eliminate pain, but also to enhance sports performance by enabling the body to operate at maximum efficiency through correct postural alignment.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) – An ancient medical system utilizing diagnostics such as the tongue, pulse, and palpation, along with therapies such as acupuncture, herbal medicine, and more, depending on the needs of the patient.
Our Sponsored Organizations
I have been treated by Paul for four years on a weekly basis. I live a very active lifestyle as a triathlon coach/competitor, rowing coach, and personal trainer. Paul’s treatments have always kept my body and mind in peak shape to help meet the demands of my on the go lifestyle. He is extremely knowledgeable and personable.
Paul is extremely knowledgeable and skilled in acupuncture and it is the combination of this and the Active Release Technique that he uses that has helped to resolve my neck/upper back/shoulder pain. He is extremely conscientious in his practice and truly cares about his patients.
As a fitness trainer I’m always active. The one person I trust and recommend to all of my clients, family and friends is Paul. He is one of the most knowledgeable health and wellness people I know. Simply the best.