Welcome to PDG Health, my website and hub for health information and patient support.
Like many of my patients, I am an avid athlete and lover of the outdoors. I have experienced a variety of injuries from an active lifestyle.
Like many of my patients, I inherited genes that predispose me to chronic suffering and in the past have indeed struggled with my health.
Like many of my patients, I’ve seen members of my family and loved ones sick and injured, and have felt frustrated for them.
Optimal health is a fundamental requirement to be able to live the life we dream to create. But how do we find it? My own journey brought me to find answers in an integrative natural medicine approach, combining Traditional Chinese Medicine and Functional Medicine.
I’ve learned that we must consider each person as a whole, that each person has a unique history, environment, and genetics.
I’ve learned that lifestyle factors can and do trigger illnesses that range from common colds to autoimmune diseases to recurring injuries.
I’ve also learned that we can prevent and even reverse disease, that we are not defined by our genes nor destined for poor health.
By realizing your genetic makeup, by considering your history, and by assessing your environments, both internal and external, together we can formulate a unique, specific, and individualized plan to help you reach your health and wellness goals.
Create and live the life you dream of.
-Paul Gamache, LAc
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Master’s of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine – Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist- California
- Functional Medicine Practitioner – Institute for Functional Medicine
- Certified Provider of Active Release Techniques
- Certified Practitioner of Symmetry/Success Through Alignment Restoration (STAR) Therapy
- Internships in Diabetes, Pediatrics, and Oncology in Chengdu, China
- Chinese Medical Classics – Nei Jing, Shang Han Lun, Pi Wei Lun, etc
- Western herbal studies with Cherokee herbalist and alchemist David Winston, RH (American Herbalist Guild)
- Integrative medicine seminars and coursework
- Functional Nutrition